Sponsor link

Sunday 6 October 2013

vow

Traditional Vows
If your wedding is religious (Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Muslim weddings, etc.) you usually have a few already established wedding vows to choose from.

Civil Ceremony Wedding Vows
(Name), I take you to be my lawfully wedded (wife/husband). Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.

Or

I, (Groom’s/Bride’s name), take you (Bride’s/Groom’s name), to be my wife/husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust you and honor you, I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully, through the best and the worst, through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep.

Personalized vows
(Name), our miracle lies in the path we have chosen together. I enter into this marriage with you, knowing that the true magic of love is not to avoid changes, but to navigate them successfully. Let us commit to the miracle of making each day work together. Respecting each other, we commit to live our lives together for all the days to come. I ask you to share this world with me, for good and ill. Be my partner, and I will be yours.

Remarriage Vows
(Name), we take our vows together today. We will be changed forever, and I take them gladly, and without reservation. I promise to honor you, believe in you, protect you, and do everything in my power to make your life happy and fulfilled. This is my promise. Take my hand as we go with joy into our new life together.

Later in life vows
(Name), I offer you not the "summer of my life" but the autumn, brisk and vibrant. I promise to be a companion worthy of your precious friendship. I pledge you compassion in good times and bad, encouragement in sickness and health. It is my intent that our life together includes our large circle of friends and loving families. We'll cherish the memories of our individual pasts; and create our new life as we go now together.

Traditional Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you May the wind be always at your back May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home And may the hand of a friend always be near.

If you are blessed with a beautiful singing voice, why not sing "your song" for your future wife / husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment